Friday, April 11, 2014

Today we met with the Cardiac Surgeon, Dr. Nigro.  He seems to be very negligible and optimistic considering.  He said that without the Diaphragmatic Hernia, the success rate for survival of infants with my exact condition is 95%. This news made my mommy and grandma feel a little better. But,  because I have more than just the heart disease it does drop the rate by a considerable amount but he didn't specify how much.  He said he would have to wait until I was born to do a proper assessment.  While we were there they gave my mommy and grandma a tour of the floor I will be staying.  Let me just say it is quite a nice hospital.  They make accommodations for my mommy and daddy to stay with me while I am recovering.  My mommy will also be able to stay at the Ronald McDonald house, which is on campus of the hospital, the entire length of my hospital stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment